I spent two hours working on the boat after getting home in the evening. The real luxury of an interior space with light and power. I have fitted two U-bolts either side of the companion way to act as safety harness points. Large marine ply pads behind each, which I hope will distribute the load successfully.
I have bedded the nuts and washers in Sikaflex, which I just cannot do neatly. I get it everywhere, but I hope I got enough in the right places. I am following a tip I read in a magazine. Only finger tighten the fittings, enough to just cause the sealant to start squeezing out. Then leave it 24 hours before tightening right up. That way the sealant goes off and isn't squeezed out of the joint. (I have only just noticed, now I look at the photo, that one of the ply pads is a bit wonky. Not much I can do about it now. You can see the Sikaflex just about everywhere.)
I have also made up a couple of wooden "shoes" to take the end of a boom gallows. This photo shows them just dry assembled. I need to glue them up, shape them to the coaming in the cockpit and then saw it in half on the pencil line to form the two shoes. Still a lot of shaping needed before they can be fitted and the gallows made up. If all goes to plan, I should have a set up which allows me to rig the boat much faster after trailing. At the moment it is literally just minutes to raise the mast, but sorting out all the shrouds, booms, halyards etc. can add half an hour. I hope to improve on that.