18 August 2014

Maintenance day

Just down to Daisy G for the day to do some work on her. No sailing, just motored in to the pontoon. It was very windy in any case, up to F6 forecast. I have got my sail back from Concept sails. They just replaced the panel I had ripped, so good as new. Very good service, sail fixed and back on boat in under a week for £40.

I fixed a GRP tent hoop across the cockpit to brace the new sprayhood extension and this works well. Holds it up nicely and will stop rain pooling on it. I didn't even need to cut it to size, it just fitted. The ends are slotted into drilled oak blocks that I screwed to the outside of the coamings. when not in use, the hoops breaks down into short lengths and is rolled up in the extension which is lashed under the boom gallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment