30 June 2014

Inside of dinghy largely finished, but a lot of tidying up still needed

All of the bulkheads are epoxied into place and I have cut and shaped the two seats. These are now receiving a coat of varnish every time I pass. I had her on the floor to get in and check that there will be knee room for me when rowing. All seems well

Inner gunwales fitted and inside epoxied, but needs fairing. I'll leave that to when I am ready to paint. The gunwales have gone in well as cutting them to the right length is a bit tricky.

Moment of truth when I turned her over, but all seems well. The ends of the plastic cable ties are surprisingly hard to cut off. There always seems a bit left proud of the plywood. I will attack them with the sander shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment