18 March 2011

All ready for sailing?

Say it very quietly, I think Daisy G is ready for the summer. All painting and varnishing done. Even the antifoul boot top, which I think looks quite good. Just hope all the paint stays on. Spars all rigged for "instant raising" and stowed on the boat with the sail cover on. I ran the engine for an hour over the weekend. The water telltale only dribbled, but I reamed it out with a bit of wire and then it was full bore. I even checked the trailer tyre pressures and then towed the whole rig out of the shed just to check it would fit under the lintel. It does, just. And most importantly, two cases of beer stored in the starboard locker (I have to have it to balance the water tank in the port side, honest.)
Now she will just have to sit there until Easter when I hope to launch her after our holiday in India.

4 comments:

  1. Keep an eye on the starboard ballast - that dehydration is a dreadful curse.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true, especially if I take some of my nearest and darest sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julian. good luck for the 2011 season. Hope to catch up with you at some point. All the best Andrew B (BC 20 no.3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a good season too Andrew. where is BC3 based? is that the one at Chchester Harbour? The english Raid is due to spend a night at Itchenor Sailign club in July, which I am hoping to get to.

    ReplyDelete