20 September 2011

First coat of final colour on the dinghy

It is true that the slowest part of building a boat is painting it. You have to wait 24 hours between each stage and it is tedious, watching paint dry. I have applied two undercoats, a half and half under and top coat and now the firt of two top coats. I think she will look good, but painting the inside and varnishing will take even longer, so there is a way to go yet.


I have just uploaded 70 photographs I took of wooden boats being built on the beaches of the United Arab Emirates in 1977, when I was working out there. One below and you can see the rest here if you are interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102590069615120275593/UAE1977# 

I won third prize in a photo competition for this shot. I won the first prize too!

No comments:

Post a Comment