26 October 2011

Cracked area primed

I have masked off and primed the area of the crack, and I'm really quite pleased with the result. Not absolutely smooth, but no part of the hull is. this is bent plywood, not moulded plastic. If you crouch down and peer up at reflected light, you can just about make out a slightly raised area where the fairing compound was applied, but looked at straight, it is invisible. I will try to rub down the vertical edges of the primer this evening with a little white spirit before it goes hard. That should feather the edge sufficiently for an overcoat to hide it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Julian, I have been enjoying your blog and would have commented but had a problem with my account. But now sorted. Hope you can see some of my updates on Seawitch and more to add soon. Andy

    ReplyDelete