It is really cold, but a sunny day so I've been carrying out some real winter maintenance. I got all the running rigging and washed it in the machine. With a good dollop of fabric conditioner, they come out really soft. I have a problem with the inner core of several braided ropes either sticking out beyond the cover, or poking out of the side between cover strands. I don't know if it is a common problem with braided ropes. Mine are all made by English Braids. In any case, I have recut and resealed the ends with a hot knife. I have replaced the jib halyard with a slightly thinner, longer rope which I think I can yank taughter with a handy billy. I will use the halyard as the main sheet, which I think is a bit too thick for the blocks. I'll see how it works in practice.
After that I started to paint the inside of the cabin. Most of it done except down in the bow and the quarter berth, where I will have to wriggle around head first to reach anything.